Carmel-by-the-Sea Pet-Friendly Lodging
All Carmel Boutique Inns are pet-friendly. Carmel is a wonderful place to stay when you travel with your pet. Carmel is one of the most pet-friendly cities in the country, a place where dogs can run free on beautiful Carmel Beach, walk on leash throughout the quaint Carmel-by-the-Sea village and often find water bowls and doggie treats at many of the businesses. Doggie pick-up bags and a spot to wash off your pet after a romp on the beach are located in the Courtyard at each Carmel Boutique Inn.
DORIS DAY & ANIMAL WELFARE
In the mid-80’s, local business man Dennis LeVett assumed ownership of Cypress Inn, along with beloved actress Doris Day. Ms. Day, whose passion for animal welfare remains strong, insisted that the four-leggeds are as welcome as their humans. Thus, Cypress Inn became Carmel’s original pet-friendly boutique hotel and has garnered national attention as a wonderful gathering place for locals and guests’ alike to meet and mingle alongside their furry friends. (Doris Day pictured at right.)
When you make your reservation please notify us that your pet(s) will be joining you.
There is a $30 pet fee per night for one pet, a $50 fee for 2 pets, or a $70 charge for three pets per night.
- Pets must not be left alone in the room at any time or under any circumstances.
- While in the public areas of the Inn, pets must be on a lead or in a carrier at all times.
- Pets are not allowed on the furniture in either the guest rooms or the public areas.
- A pet blanket will be provided for your pet for in-room use.
- Pets are to be walked off property. Please preserve the beauty of our gardens.
- If you wish to go to dinner or to another activity without your pet, we kindly ask that you make arrangements for your pet to be supervised. A list of approved pet sitters will be available to you at the front desk.
- Please take our other guests into consideration. Should your pet become disruptive, please excuse yourselves and calm your pet, so everyone can have an enjoyable stay.
- We look forward to welcoming you and your pets!